Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Classic Pound Cake

On July 27 I baked a Classic Pound Cake, my first ever!  A few years ago I tried some pound cake made by Starbucks...  it was delicious.  It was flavorful and moist (yes, moist).  I have longed to have that same pound cake, and have tried a few store bought ones over the years but none could even compare...

     ...until the ATK Classic Pound Cake.


It was excellent!!  I had a great time making it, it was really simple, not many ingredients...  I look forward to trying out the different variants they have listed (ginger pound cake, orange pound cake) and possibly creating one of my own!

I received great reviews from Gabor and from my workmates... all these great reviews though, I hope people are telling me the truth about the food..  I can take it, really.. if it's less than good, I want to know!  It will help me improve! (improve my cooking as well as my taking of criticism)

Ingredients are: cake flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, unsalted butter


Aye, the picture is super sloppy, BUT it was a late night and I was quite tired, so just said this'll do...
AND, I'm bummed because later someone asked me if it weighed a pound.. I didn't even think to weigh it!  Guess I'll have to bake another one! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks SO GOOD.

I wonder if it would taste good gluten free?

:) Chopchop