I know, I know... 3 posts in one day?? Just wait, I have one more after this, where I will resolve to be more consistent!
These Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies are the 2nd cookie in the cookie section, that's the reason I chose them (they come right after the choco chip cookies I've made twice now!). I made these mainly to feed other people with them - I probably only had 2 of them, but I enjoyed them immensely! They were chewy but also had a slight crunch!
I couldn't decide which picture looked better - with or without a flash, so I'm posting both!!
Ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, unsalted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, old-fashioned rolled oats, raisins
I was glad to use a bunch of oats I have but don't frequently use!
I did have a baking mishap - the recipe is on the same page as the choco chip cookies, so I started with the flour, then used baking soda instead of the baking powder! Palm to forehead moment! I scooped out the soda because I hadn't mixed it in yet thankfully!
Everyone who tried these cookies enjoyed them (so they say!). I would definitely be open to making them again... but I tend to be a chocolate sorta girl, so I'm guessing my next cookie will be chocolatey!
No comments:
Post a Comment