Monday, July 26, 2010

Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

 I'm discovering it's really hard to follow the directions precisely.  I seem to think I know better (I don't!)(not yet anyways).  In history, it's been rare that I follow a recipe 100% perfectly...  but I'm learning, and forcing myself to do it!
I'm a little impatient, perhaps a little too liberal with measuring... I shouldn't deviate too much if I don't even know how it will react or don't even know what it will produce as it's written! I have churned out some damn good cookies in my time, but I swallowed my thoughts and followed the recipe to a T.  (what does that expression mean anyway?)

All in all.. I had a great time making these cookies and .. they turned out... absolutely... AMAZING!!



This picture doesn't do them justice - I actually have more snapshots but they are locked away on my boyfriend's phone, he forgot to send them to me!  If I remember, I will put another one up later.. (and yes I"m still using our phones as cameras - I need to locate the digital camera battery charger!)

Everyone who tasted them said they were delicious - I took them to work, they were a hit!

 I actually had an uneventful cooking session..  I didn't get flour everywhere (like usual), the egg breaking went well.. cookies all stayed on the sheet... Success!

Ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, butter, light brown sugar, sugar, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, semisweet chocolate chips!


**Edit on August 4 to put this cool picture!

No comments: