First time making banana bread! I keep having all these firsts and realize how inexperienced I am! It's great fun though, to try out all these different recipes, learning from scratch, I love it!
My folks had some bananas that were very ripe, so I took them home and made banana bread last Sunday. The baking went without a hitch ... almost too smoothly ...
Ingredients are flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, bananas, unsalted butter, eggs, plain yogurt, and vanilla extract.
I would put the finished product picture right here, BUT... I think it is on Gabor's phone, so I will write the post and put up the picture later!
It got great reviews from all who tried it. The recipe called for plain yogurt, but I used that plain Greek yogurt instead, it was good stuff! Much better than the flimsy regular nonfat plain yogurt I saw at the store...
Now, the cookbook has a section about butter, how it's very important to add the butter exactly like the recipe says. This one, for example, says "6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled". So what I've been doing is melting the butter in the beginning, then sticking it in the freezer so it cools in time.
Yesterday, I made another batch of the choco chip cookies because I had a hankering for them. They require the butter melted then cooled as well. I went to stick the butter in the freezer and.. what the heck?? There's a saucer of frozen butter already in there!! My mind immediately traced back to the last thing I baked... the banana bread!! So it turns out, there was NO butter in the banana bread! Nobody even noticed! I think because the recipe had yogurt in it, it kept it moist and made it seem like normal...
I'll just use this as an excuse to make the recipe again with the butter.. yum!
**Edit August 14th - here's a picture finally! Not the best but.. next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment